Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Day 15 - Lorenzo

Since I started this blog, I had the intention of committing a random act of kindness for every day leading up to Christmas.  I have since caught myself trying too hard in seeking new ways to make people's days - a.k.a. assigned acts of kindness.  On day 15, I told myself I was just going to be present and see what happened...

There he was, standing at the front of the store at 3 feet tall, bright brown eyes and a smirk on his face as if he were up to something.  I, along with a few members of our team waved to him and as we all greeted him at once, he spun around to look at everyone and said "whoa, who are you guys?"  Based on his mannerisms, it was as if a 30 year old man was trapped in a 3 year old's body.  I asked him what his name was, he replied with excitement "Lorenzo!" I told him mine was Vinchenzo, he loved it.  I asked him if he had a girlfriend,  he threw his arms up in the air and rolled his eyes to his mom as if I should have known the answer "Of course I do, her name is Ellie."  As his visit continued, he introduced himself to just about everyone on our team.  When he got to Annie, she joked that she had the same mittens as him - Lorenzo dropped to his knees with his arms up in the air (again) and said "OH MY GOSH NO WAY." It's safe to say it was the most entertaining visit we've ever had from a 3 year old.   On his way out of the store, he went and hugged the legs of everyone he met on the way in.  It was then I realized, day 15 wasn't about giving presence, it was about receiving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment