Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Day 16 - The Visit





When I think of what makes me happy, the first thing that pops into my head is visiting my little cousins Anthony and Nathan. It doesn't matter how tired or down I am, I can always rely on them for a smile.  Day 16 was about giving presence to them.  It started with a game of "magic magic" where Anthony usually gives me a small object and chants "magic, magic make it disappear!"  I then have to strategically make it disappear.  After it's gone - Anthony and Nathan run around the house checking under couches, inside of cabinets and sometimes in their clothes.  It then turns up in various locations in the house, sometimes I even pull it out of their ears.  This rarely fails, except for the odd time when Anthony sees me hide the object in my pants (Thanks lulu, those hidden pockets have come in handy).  After we finished this particular game, Nathan found my cell phone and somehow turned it on.  With the help of Anthony, they found the camera and started snapping some selfies (Picture #1).   While Nathan went to bed, Anthony and I hung out for a little bit and he read me the bed time story of Me Too (Picture #2).   Finally,  he wanted to show me that he could brush his teeth all on his own so I took a picture to show that he's telling the 'tooth,'  I was at a 'floss' for words... (Picture #3).

 I always get a hug and kiss from each of them before they go to bed and I always leave happier than when I arrived.   Not many things make me more present than these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment