Saturday, December 20, 2014

Day 18 - Pay it Forward

This past week I discovered I had a $50 gift card to Walmart.com .  Initially, I debated whether or not to buy something just because I had the credit.  But on Thursday I woke up and decided that as a random act of kindness I was going to tweet the gift card number. An hour later, I received a tweet from Mike, a friend of mine who I went to school with in Ohio and is currently working at Oklahoma State University.  He asked if the card was still available.  After I confirmed it was, I received this text shortly after:

"Hey - I'll explain in person but I wanted you to know I used the money to send a physical $50 gift card to some people in need that I help sponsor.  A girl and her daughter who now live in the states but are from a very abusive household in Belize.  Thought you might want to know that your act of kindness has gone farther.  They will be very appreciative!"

Mike's kindness is a confirmation that every day small gestures can lead to something greater and can end up helping someone who actually needs it.  I love it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment