Saturday, December 20, 2014

Day 20 - All Hugged Out




















Day 20 was my favourite by far.  I stood outside of our store with a sign that read "Free Hug If Needed." I had some great responses "What about kisses?"  "Who could ever pass up a hug" "Well isn't this a great way to make friends" "I'm a hugger myself actually" "That's hilarious, are people actually hugging you?"  Another woman even pulled out all of the change from her pocket and handed it to me because she thought I was begging, I appreciated the thought but politely declined.

I was expecting the majority of the huggers to be women, but I was definitely proven wrong throughout the day. I also had plenty of parents sending their kids to give me hugs, one little boy even handed me a granola bar and wished me a Merry Christmas (made my day).

Now the rejections were entertaining as well: "No sorry, I'm married"  I then replied "Well I'm not asking for a date."  I had a lady all excited to get a hug while holding her husband's hand and he actually pulled her in the opposite direction.

The most satisfying part of the day was that out the people who didn't get or give a hug, most either looked back and smiled at the thought or laughed [with] me, either way I made their day just a little lighter.

Overall I hugged 150 strangers in a 3 hour window.  Afterwards I felt content, relaxed, loved and definitely cold.  Day 20 was definitely a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment